About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Monday, July 7, 2008

The Devil v. George W. Bush: A Short Fiction, Part I


Editor's Note: This is an idea I randomly came up with this morning, and had decided to run with. I'll try to make this a weekly occurrance, probably on Mondays. Enjoy!

Part I: A Conversation in November 2008

The idea had come to him, as most of his ideas had: through his afternoon conversation with Dick Cheney over a friendly game of Duck Hunt.

"Georgey", he said with a slight glint in his crazy eyes, "I'm telling you, it's a cinch. Bargains with the Devil are not so hard to broker. I mean, how do you think I got you into office for a second term?"

"But Dick", said the President, who was lining up in front of the television for his first round, "I'm a Christian. I love God, and Jesus, and even that Judas guy, because Jesus says to turn the other cheek and all that."
"George, George", he spoke with the tones of a parent endulging a child's natural ignorance, "If turning the other cheek worked, that guy I put in the hospital wouldn't have sued. Then again, if he had turned the other cheek, he wouldn't have gotten hit." He laughed as only a man of his stature could, both intimidatingly and at the same time quite lamely.

"But I gotta think about this. I mean turning the World over to the Devil? It's not like turning the keys of the General Lee over to Coy and Vance."

"You know, George, I really wish you wouldn't talk about things as if life were an episode of the Dukes of Hazard. It confuses me, and ninety percent of people who live in the North. Look, all you have to do is say yes or no, and I'll do the rest. Just like old times."

"Ok, old buddy.", he replied, feeling that the Vice President had yet again put his fears to ease, "I trust you on this one as much as I trust you on that whole Afghanistan thing, and that was a hoot."

Cheney just smiled in the corner, as the President started to shoot ducks on the television. He then produced a cellular telephone out of his pocket and began to dial.

"Mary...yes, it's Dick. Put me through to the office, we've got an incoming contract."

Next Up: "Part II: The Negotiation of Terms and Conditions"

3 comments:

Seresecros said...

You shouldn't go on your phone while playing Duck Hunt, or the dog will come out and laugh at you.

And NOBODY wants that.

Mr. Controversy said...

NO! NOT THE DOG! Damnit, seresecros, you just HAD to mention my archrival!

Seresecros said...

That dog is everybody's nemesis. Nobody liked that damn thing!Shouldn't it have been, y'know, helping you kill or something? Why did it have to just stand there and laugh at you? Why?

Blog Archive