About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Monday, July 28, 2008

Work Stoppage

Yes, I was out on Friday, and yes I have a doctor's note. Well, not really, I was just out for the day, burning my last personal day at work. Though it was interesting, searching on Google for a picture under the term "doctor's note" actually yielded a site that plys its trade in...you guessed it, fake doctor's notes.

For only $9.95, you can get your own fake doctor's note. Personally, I think it's a waste of $9.95, when you could just go to your personal doctor and ask them for a note, if you're friendly enough with them. However, if your doctor is a prick you can't stand, then maybe the internet IS a good option. I'm just trying to save you all some money here, and with that I include the Mr. Controversy Excuse of Absense Note.


"Dear [Name of Employer],

I am unfortunately unable to attend work on [insert date(s) here]. The reason for this is because, I am a Controversy Crusader. As such, I am indebted to the cause of creating a controversy around things that should not exist in this world. These tyrannys do not rest, and nor do I, so unfortunately I must take the fight to "them". Whomever "they" may be, "they" are in for a serious ass whooping, and I shall be the one to deliver it. Not just for me, not just for America, but for the world.

I must be off,

[Your Name]"

Sorry for the absences folks, I'll get back to writing, I swear.

4 comments:

Dave B. said...

You should charge for that.

Mr. Controversy said...

If I could get anyone to pay for my writing, I'd have set up a deal to distribute The Devil V. George W. Bush in paperback. Though, I'd still love to do that sometime.

Dave B. said...

I think it's a healthy endeavor.

There ARE online do it yourself publishing companies, ya know.

Mr. Controversy said...

I know. It's just that distribution is the problem, plus I'd have to do all the legwork myself to push it on the unsuspecting public. (I'd actually like to make a profit off the damn thing, and put it towards future publishings, hopefully culminating in a book company publishing a work of mine.) It's still an option though.

Blog Archive