About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Comedy and Politics: Perfect Together

You know the situation is serious when "funny guys" get serious. This is no exception. Adam McKay knows funny, and from the looks of it he knows politics. There's some interesting points made in this story, and frankly I'm just going to let it speak for itself. End game: if we, the American Public, don't wise up and continue to resist the corrupt media practices of the "Mass News Media", then we are doomed to a thousand years of darkness at the hands of the Republican party.

Like it or not folks, Sarah Palin will not just "go away". She'll thrive on apathy, she'll flourish with softball interviews, and she'll be put on a pedestal that should have gone to someone more experienced and more equipped to lead. Look what eight years of Bush did to us...what will eight years of McCain/Palin do to us? If you want to change the way things are going, vote Obama/Biden. If you welcome the apocalypse, and enjoy ringside seats to political freakshows with the possibility of hurting us in the long run, vote McCain/Palin.

Or, if you're interested in making everyone laugh, vote for me and my newly announced running mate, Jack Donaghy.

Jack has actually prepared a statement (which he had me write) and he wanted me to share it with all of you:


Dear America,

It has come to my attention that you're having a hard time figuring out who to vote for in this election. I know it's a tough choice, I had a hard time wondering if I should vote for Bush or McCain in 2000, and in the end I made a choice with my heart.
That choice (and that heart) were both broken by the Bush Administration (and Condi), and I can no longer in good conscience support the backdoor dealing (and backstabbing) supported by this band of thugs (and harlot).


I did some soul searching, did some boozing, and happened to meet this Mr. Controversy fellow on one of my liquor runs. We got to talking, and he seemed interesting enough. He had the ideals of a young man, the wisdom of an older man, and the alcoholic tolerance of a Donaghy. After his fifth martini (and my tenth highball), we decided to partner up for the greatest challenge ever...fooling the American public to trust us over anyone else.

Because that's what elections, as well as negotiations are about: convincing the other side to fold. In fact, one could say that elections are indeed negotiations with the American public. You negotiate the terms, deliberate, and sign the contract. The only difference between me and the rest of the "negotiators" in this election...I thrive on negotiation. And rest assured, anyone who tries to negotiate with Jack Donaghy, is going to lose. Not only will they lose, they'll lose in such a way that they'll think they've won, but decided to cede power to me anyway.

That's the Donaghy charm, and that's what I bring to this campaign!

See you at the polls,

Jack Donaghy

P.S. That Mr. Controversy kid...he's going places. Keep an eye on him...but don't forget to keep one eye on me as well.

You've heard it here first, kids! Jack also wanted me to say that if elected, we promise that we will try our hardest to leverage the synergy of the United States into a more globally dominating, while friendly and cooperative, position in monetary bargaining positions. He also wants to make NBC the national network, and move the State of the Union addresses to sweeps for better ratings potentials. The campaign schedule hasn't been set, but we're running under our own independent ticket, the Peacock Party. Until next time, watch this space for late breaking news coverage of the Peacock Party's rise.

Reyes/Donaghy ' 08 - Proud as a Peacock


Oh, and I'm trying my hardest not to swear so much. Well, I've been trying, but now I'm trying extra hard because I applied for the Associate News Editor position at the Huffington Post. So the last thing I want to do is make them think I'm a raving loon. (They'll definitely think so if they read any of the "Abusive Relationship with Hollywood" posts.)

2 comments:

Seresecros said...

For one glorious second just then, I thought that Reyes stood for Hugo Reyes, from Lost. I'm sure you'll be fine too as a VP, but...

Dude. Hurley, dude.

Mr. Controversy said...

I have never actually watched Lost, but I heavily intend to. As such, sorry to disappoint.

Blog Archive