Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This week’s Monday GAAAH is dedicated to Ron Silver. Award winning character actor, passionate political activist, and just all around awesome presence; he passed this weekend after a fight with esophageal cancer. Fond remembrances and heartfelt sympathy to his family and friends.
- Ben Bernake thinks the economy is going to be brightening by next year. Combine that with the Wall Street rally as of late, and the DABA girls are probably wetting their panties right now.
- I’m still laughing at that Elmo/Ricky Gervais video. I love moments where everyone gets caught up in laughter so strong, you haven’t a clue what the hell you were doing in the first place.
- Kathy Griffin really needs to retire. Either that, or go back on the meds.
- Under NO circumstances should Ms. Griffin and Ryan Seacrest be allowed to mate. This would be disastrous, and would trigger planet wide destruction. (I’m talking “Lindsay Lohan, Open Bar, Hilary Duff record signing” disastrous.)
- Don’t forget to do your taxes. Think of it as a gift under the money tree, just waiting for you to claim it…after you fill out a 1040 form for both Federal and State government.
- Tucker Carlson started bitching again about Jon Stewart recently. Apparently his ass is still so sore from the Crossfire spankdown he received, he needs a fleet of nurses to apply Preparation-H to his bottom. (It’s either that, or Bill O’Reilly’s been pounding it a bit to hard lately. I just thought the Crossfire joke would be classier.)
- AIG is granting bonuses with bailout money. Good for them…let’s see how they feel when they are denied for any further funding, brought under a Senate subcommittee for corporate malfeasance and embezzlement, and have their offices bought up by someone else to turn the place into a Chuck E. Cheese after their bankruptcy. I believe businesses should succeed, but can we pull the plug on this lame duck already?
- Watchmen fell to #2 this weekend, thanks to Race to Witch Mountain. It’s doubtful they’ll recoup their budget for the film, according to Box Office analysts. And people wonder why they’re forcefed halfassed remakes of foreign films and pandering family pictures. Up next week: I Love You Man, Knowing, and Duplicity! (Listed in accordance with their predicted positions on opening weekend.)
- Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker made a movie together. Repent.
- They’re ALREADY “re-imagining”Death at a Funeral. Guess I better see the first one before Alan Tudyk gets replaced by Tracy Morgan. Yeah…click on that link before you start laughing as if I made a joke. (Although, speaking of coincidences, the remake will have Ron Glass (aka Shepherd Book from Firefly). I guess this means we’ll see Nathan Fillion in the Broadway version?