About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

300 (Posts)

My psuedo Tweets put me in a prime position today. I'm happy to announce that this is the 300th post of Mr. Controversy. (It's a slow news day, I can't help it. One option was to hold off until April 26th so I could have done the whole "300th Post, 1st Anniversary" thing simultaneously, but that's too long from not to stop writing.)

Anyways, I'd once again like to thank you generous lot for reading the stuff I put out here, and for helping me keep interest in writing this for almost a year now. Speaking of the year mark, I'll be doing a sort of look back on the past year which will include a list of the "highlights" from around here. As such, I'd like to know what are some of your favorite posts from the past year? Selections will be posted in the big 1st Anniversary wrap up.

It's another hundred posts, and I know it's no big deal, but what this blog represents to me is a step on the road to fulfilling my dream of writing for an audience for a living. As with any life's dream, you need the help of some capable and loyal friends. I'm proud to call you all my capable, loyal friends and I wish you all the best of luck in your own endeavours. (Also, since I used this nice little bit of sentimentality on the 300th post, I'll have to think of a way to polish the audience's other cheek for the big show in 4 days.)

Carry on, crew!

Mr. C

2 comments:

The Caustic Critic said...

Congratulations! Although only a recent reader, I have greatly enjoyed your work. Keep it up!
CJ

Mr. Controversy said...

Thanks, CJ! I've greatly enjoyed your work in the Bartlett administration as well. =P (Seriously though, thanks for reading. :) )

Blog Archive