About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Approval of Retributive Initiatives Leveled From Overt OverLordS is Denied Access, Yes?!

Dear Readers,

Today is April Fools Day and I'm afraid instead of a clever little joke, filled with irony and verbal panache, I am here to announce something sadder than all of you could have ever imagined.I’ve decided I’ve been too negative lately, I’ve been too vocal in my criticisms, and I am indeed a chump. A big fat stupid chump with no hope for evolution beyond my third grade reading level. I’m sorry to say that today is the day I permanently retire from blogging, and the day that Mr. Controversy comes to an end.

It wasn’t an easy decision, seeing as I am indeed a chump, and the slightest of all thought processes confound me. However, in a grand and sweeping gesture to atone for the sins I’ve committed on the Internet in the past year, I’ve decided to donate money to the following obvious charities:
- $1.5 million to Fox News’s “Crusade for Truth” starring Tucker Carlson, airing Fall 2009.
- $3 million to the Snuggie corporation, for all of their hard work in shoring up our American resolve with what is essentially “Security Blanket 2.0”
- $7 million to the “Retire Stewart and Colbert” Facebook group.
- $10 million for “Upheavals, replacements, and other affairs of state” branch of the CIA.
- $200,000 to Ms. Henrietta “Granny” Carlson, for all of her hard work in raising me as her own loving grandson.

I wish all of you the best of luck, and please watch out for “Crusade for Truth” starring me, Tucker Carlson.

Sincerely, Mr. Chumptroversy

P.S. Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin are A-OK in my book!

3 comments:

Sarah The Anime Librarian said...

Dear Mister Carlson,

I have seen the light. I will quit the library right away and join the "Concerned Citizens against Reading" member. I take back defending Christopher Moores book "Lamb". I shall right away begin behaving as a soccer mom, although I have no children, and hissing when anyone says the phrase "Open mind."

Thank you sir, you have saved me from a fate of work and thinking!

Mr. Controversy said...

Saving someone from an open mind is like stopping someone from being happy. Goddamn anyone who does it!

Sarah The Anime Librarian said...

:P April Fools.

Blog Archive