About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Friday, May 1, 2009

What Have We Learned? (week of May 1st)


This week was a tough one. From the start, I honestly didn’t know how it was all going to play out, all I knew was it was going to be a bitch. For lack of better, non geek friendly explanations, I feel like I’ve lost Rose Tyler, Donna Noble, and River Song all in one shot. I feel like Vesper’s gone, and Audrey doesn’t want to see me anymore. For the non-geeks out there, I can only offer this…I feel like there is a hole where my heart once sat. It sucked to wake up sometimes, and for all I know it's because my subconsious dreamed of her and it realized when I woke up, "She's gone." Make no mistake, this was indeed a bitch, but I think there were still lessons to be learned.

I’ve gotten to be a bit introspective, and think I know more about what happened in my relationship. But then again, this is my perspective, and for all I know I’m wrong.

On top of that, I’ve learned that there’s a lot of worry out there in this world. Some justified, some not so justified; but both types are harmful. Worrying for the sake of worrying isn’t healthy, and I’m living proof.

Finally, I think the big lesson we’ve all learned this week is that life is not a game of odds. There are no sure things, there are no quick fixes or 100% foolproof solutions or concepts. It’s all in a state of flux and liquidity. As human beings we’re taught the standards of rationalization and proof before judgment, which systemically are very concrete standards. However, that’s merely because we make them be concrete. If we all learned to be a little more “fluxed up”, we’d be able to deal with life a little better.

I don’t know where it’s all heading. Never have, never will. Neither will you or anyone else. All we can do is make the best damn guesses we can, and continue to let it all roll off us like water on a duck’s back. Thank God I have friends and family that help me see my way through all of this, because without them I’d truly feel like a lonely duck. And again, thank you to all of you out there who read and comment and just generally make this hobby of mine worth it. Should there come a day it becomes a profitable profession for me, I think we’ll all be able to celebrate, because this place isn’t just mine…it’s yours too.

Have a good weekend everyone. See you all on Monday.

1 comment:

Sarah The Anime Librarian said...

Kudos for finding something to take out of all this that is positive, without being Pollyanna. That's tough to do, and admirable.

Blog Archive