About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Best Thing of Today: 6/11/09


Quite a couple good things happened today. Chicago was on AMC this morning, and I was almost tempted to call it a day and take time off. However, common sense prevailed and I ended up at work anyway. (If I'm going to call out, it'll be on a gorgeous day when I can have plans.)

Second of all, I made a new friend last night. Through a friend of my best friend, I made a new friend that ended up being a lot of fun to hang out with. Naturally, the four of us plan to hang out again sometime; but what was so cool was that she was a geek. Or at least, she seems like one. Future verification will have to be done, but even if she wasn't she's fun to talk to and our hangout last night was actually the most fun I've had in a while. Which is something that I really need right now.

Third: there was this really funny post linked through /Film's Page 2 column this morning about how 30 Rock is a rip off of the Muppet Show. You laugh, but strangely it holds up.

And finally, two clips. Up first is the Shutter Island trailer that was released last night. (Which means I watched it this morning.) Once again, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio look like they're going to impress the shit out of me.



Finally, a clip from the upcoming indie 500 Days of Summer, starring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. It's a movie about a couple that breaks up, and the guy looks back on it all trying to figure out just how it all went wrong. Not only does it sound painfully familiar, but it sounds like a great movie. Here's the scene, "Expectations vs. Reality", which plays like that fateful night we all went to Fridays, but less awkward and vicious.

No comments:

Blog Archive