About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Friday, June 19, 2009

Best Thing of Today: 6/19/09 - 6/21/09


Yes, that's Timothy Dalton. Yes, this is a real photo. Yes, the final Doctor Who special is going to be amazing. Yes, yes.

Also, today is Friday, so it's an automatic victory. For some reason, I was happy driving to work today. I think it's that fact, along with the fact that it wasn't raining this morning and was actually halfway decent outside, that made the morning. In any case, I should be hanging out with my friend Stephanie tonight, then a bunch of friends for the usual diner run tomorrow night, then a possible meet up for a drink Sunday night with an old high school friend. All of this on top of making Father's Day as fun as possible for dear old dad.

On top of all that, there's two clips I'd like to share with you all that make today even more fun.

First, there's this clip for "Bored to Death", a show HBO will be premiering in September. This is the type of thing I would come up with in my daydreams, so needless to say I think it looks awesome.



Second, is the trailer for what my friend Kyle likes to call "Superbad meets Shaun of the Dead". That's right, it's time to go to Zombieland, kids!





You know what...I think I noticed another best thing of today, and that would be 100% pure Emma Stone hotness. Now comes in your choice of Brunette...


or original Gingerrr.


Extremely hard choice, if I say so myself. And that should carry us through the weekend. Have a good one, and if you can...frequent a local diner at some point. They're great hangout spots, some have great food, and it's just fun if you have the right people. Until next time! (Which will either be Monday or later today, if I find something worth posting.)

No comments:

Blog Archive