About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Monday, June 29, 2009

Best Thing of Today: 6/29/09


Coincidentally, I started the "Best Thing of Today" feature at the beginning of the month, so as to combat the feelings of upset and upheaval I had after "the incident". In that time, I've seen a month of pretty good things. I've started doing things I meant to do, but never did when I was with her. I met new friends, new people, and even a new person I might be dating in the future. For now, I'm having fun just getting to know her and taking things as they come.

There were setbacks, naturally, but I'm confident I'm in a much better place now than I was a month ago. The funny thing was, I started to think about today's "Best Thing" and I realized two things: 1.) I couldn't think of one and 2.) I didn't need to. Today simply exists, as does any other normal day, and that's the beauty of it. There's no crisis, no wounds to heal, no intelligence to report. I can safely say it's over. Dead, buried, and gone away. I'm destined to see her again, and what happens and how I feel will probably be a mixture of sadness and defiance. Sadness because I'll remember all that was and might have been, but defiance because I know nothing would make her happier than to see me broken by her hand.

My life is moving on, and as such I'm retiring the "Best Thing of Today" feature tomorrow, the end of the month. The first half of the year has officially sucked, but it ended better than it began. Here's hoping the next half continues the upward trend.

No comments:

Blog Archive