About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Monday, June 8, 2009

Best Thing of Today: 6/8/09


In addition to the awesome Dark Knight trailers I posted, I'm going to the beach tonight. It's always kind of sad, going back to where her and I began. Knowing that's where we spent a lot of our time in the opening months of the relationship, I sometimes look out to the sand and try to pinpoint where we shared our first kiss. Had things not turned out the way they did, it was where I wanted to eventually propose to her. It was where I wanted to take her to celebrate the second anniversary. It meant a lot.

The good thing though is that seeing as I'm a resilient Jersey kid, it's where I will begin again. I've missed the beach for a while, and I'm going to try and start going more. She doesn't own the sand, the waves, or the salty sea air. She only inhabits my memories that are triggered by them. And just like a sandcastle, or a proclaimation of love scratched out in the surf, it'll all be washed away. Ready for me to build something newer, better, and more exciting. But for now, I'll try to remember it all fondly when I go, instead of letting it hurt me. At this point, I can't be hurt. I'm made of much stronger stuff than that. In a way I should thank her for that, but I can't. Not after what she did. After everything that happened, karma is the only thing she deserves. Which means I have no hand in it at all. The universe takes care of its own. I have more important things to do with my life than worry about her. I have some rennovating to complete.

There will be no comfort for the enemy. Tonight, I take back the beach.

3 comments:

Sarah The Anime Librarian said...

Huzzah!

Storm the beach! Take it as your own again!

Chez said...

Hang in there, man.

Ali said...

Proud of you.

=hugs=

Blog Archive