About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Monday GAAAH! (6/22/09)


Haven’t done one of these in a while, but there’s a first time for everything…again.

- Hope everyone had a good Father’s Day. Mine consisted of gift giving, a Chinese buffet dinner, and a viewing of Gran Torino with the parents. (Which kicked The Reader’s ass, and should have been the wild card nominee this year.)

- Anyone else feel sorry for that kid trying to give Megan Fox a rose? Kid, do yourself a favor: forget her. There’s plenty of other masturbatory fodder out there who’d gladly accept a rose and don’t look like a living RealDoll 50% of the time.- Happy First Day of Summer. Ok, Mother Nature…time to hold up your seasonal end of the bargain. I give you sacrifices; you give me women in bikinis. Fair trade!

- Sam Mendes, where have you gone? I love American Beauty and Road to Perdition, but I hear Jarhead sucks, I HATED Revolutionary Road, and Away We Go looks like Juno but with more heart and less man-hating. However, I would forgive all of that if you’d consider “Road to Purgatory” and “Road to Paradise” as your next two films. Complete the trilogy!

- A study has been published saying that dinosaurs may not have been as big as we thought. That’s right, science…just fucking rob me of all my childhood dreams, why don’t you?

- Jamie Callum: please let me know next time you play a NY show. I’d actually like to get tickets ahead of time for the next one.

- Weekend Box Office Roundup: The Proposal (naturally) captured the #1 spot, because summer can’t be all about blowing things up or lifting spirits. Sometimes it has to be about the matriarchal hierarchy that imposes itself upon the male populace to demand expensive jewelry as a legal, binding contract for lifelong servitude. I’m sorry, that’s all residual anger from the fallout. I’m actually happy to be dating again. Anyhow, The Hangover and Up continue to hang on and make barrels of money. This weekend’s futile predictions: 1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen; 2. The Hangover; 3. Up; Lovable Loser: My Sister’s Keeper. (Like we really want to be depressed over the summer.)

- Harry Potter has been delayed for two weeks due to Transformers having a month long exclusive engagement. Someone couldn’t have figured this out when they were rescheduling the first time? Goddamn you, Michael Bay.

3 comments:

Anna von Beaverplatz said...

I ...did not hate Revolutionary Road. However, I have a question about the people who were in the theater with me: Why, when Kate is making Leo breakfast the morning after their knock-down drag-out fight, and she asks him how he wants his eggs, did everyone in the theater laugh? At the moment you can see her spirit is broken, that she's given up? Was every person in the theater a complete moron, or did I miss something?

Mr. Controversy said...

Chances are, it was probably uncomfortable laughter to break the inner tension. It's such an intense and uncomfortable moment, everyone thought they were being allowed a laugh...not being set up for the ultimate self righteous puppy kick. I hate to say it, but I think I was one of the people that laughed.

Anna von Beaverplatz said...

Ha! Were you?

Maybe that's what it was, then, the uncomfortable laugh. It's just that I live in Jersey, so I tend to jump to the conclusion that everybody is dumb, since most often, that is the case...

Blog Archive