About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Open Letter to Ain't It Cool News



Dear Ain't It Cool News,

Your man Jonathan had a screening of District 9 in New York last night, and from what I've heard it was quite awesome. You may have noticed a couple empty seats, and no responce when you called the names of myself and my buddy Chris last night. Well, funny enough...I didn't know we'd won tickets until I searched his name this morning. As stupid as I was, I only searched my last name, and only came up with someone else's name. As the kids say today, "FML!". I hope this doesn't stop you from picking my name in the future, when I enter for other cool stuff. I know I've ripped on the big guy from time to time, but I'm still a regular reader, and I enjoy the reviews and contests. Fucking figures, I win tickets to the coolest sci film of the year, and I miss out. On the plus side though, I did get to spend time with my girlfriend; and made another friend at a publishing house, so I guess it kinda balances out.

Keep up the cool work,

Mike Reyes

No comments: