About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Friday Video - 2/19/10

Back in Freshman year of college, I studied German as an effort to understand my relatives better. I made some great friends in that class, as well as some really fun memories. One such memory involves a video of the German acapella group Wise Guys singing a Britney Spears charttopper. It's fun, it's funny, and it's your Happy Friday Video of the week.



Naturally, this triggers even more memories of high school when the Britney Spears original was released. Back in 1998 I was a Freshman, and I remember randomly seeing the music video on MTV. Now, normally I would have made fun of it, seeing as it was only shown in small clips on Total Request Live. Remember, these were early days and her video hadn't even made it on the countdown yet, it was still in the "so close we decided to show clips" phase. I eventually caught the whole video by mistake and was enthralled. I had my first major celebrity crush, and it felt...interesting. Love her or hate her, you have to admit it was a catchy tune. Here's your bonus Happy Friday Video.



And now, for shits and giggles...

No comments: