About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Mr. Controversy 2nd Anniversary Highlight Reel


Wow. What a difference a year most certainly makes. The last highlight reel had me upset and sad over someone I'd lost, while maintaining respect for said party. That respect flew out the window thanks to some dramatics, and things just continued to get uglier and uglier.

On top of that, one of my best friends received the same treatment from his wife, and now another friend is going through the Sarah Marshall Chronicles. Yet, this post finds our world in a happier, much better place. Wounds have healed, and things are looking up. 2010, so far, is kicking 2009's unholy ass by bringing out the best it can. To paraphrase The Who, I've got to think that Twenty-Ten is gonna be a good year.

I admit, the quantity of output for parts of last year up until now have not been so kind to you, the reader. However, I'd like to the the quality is still there, and as such here's the best of the last year. For two years, Mr. Controversy has been up and running, and I thank all that have been reading it. Be you a hater or a booster, a buddy or a bitch, friend or foe, cheerleader or a certain four letter word we all know and love (I'm being nice today, so you can just suck it.), I thank you all for making this destination something to talk about. Year 2 is in the can, and today we mark the start of Year 3. Action, kiddies.

- Getting Sarah Marshall’d

- Palin’s Folly

- The Last Temptation of James Cameron, Part I

- The Last Temptation of James Cameron, Part III

- A Note To Anonymous Posters...

- Chartreuse, or “Please Support My Vague Message in the Name of Change!"

- Jersey Whores, or “Where’s Jordan McDeere When You Need Her?”

- Lenodrama

- Shutter Island - The G Rated Version

- Vamp-O-Rama: 1/5 - "The Strain" by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan

No comments: