About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Friday Video - 4/14/10

Back in my High School days, a couple of friends of mine and myself all enjoyed the novelty songs that would be played on Doctor Demento's radio show.  We didn't listen to the show on the radio, but some of the guys had the box sets and they'd make their way to our ears through the wonders of the Compact Disc.  Star Trekkin', Daffy Duck's Rhaphsody, and eventually this selection, all would grace my CD Walkman and my constantly changing pair of headphones throughout the halls, bus rides, and Newspaper meetings I'd attend.  Looking through the track listings I see the names to some of the songs and don't even remember ever listening to them.  Others I remember like the back of my hand, lyrics and all.  This is one of the latter.  Here's National Lampoon with Deteriorata.
(Also, in case anyone was interested in browsing/buying that set, here's its Amazon listing: Dr. Demento 30th Anniversary Collection: Dementia 2000.  Yes, more whoring.)

No comments: