- I'm thinking of bowing out of 1 Book 1 Twitter before I even get started. I'll still read American Gods (as well as Neverwhere) at some point, but the book club is in full gear & I feel I'll be too far behind. As such, Vamp-O-Rama is back on.
- Iron Man 2 is the unsurprising champ of the box office this weekend, with A Nightmare on Elm Street and How to Train Your Dragon bringing in the second and third spots respectively. I love seeing Dragon keep its wings, and of course I need to see Iron Man 2 as soon as possible. What's even better is Babies couldn't even muster more money than The Losers, which has sadly been living up to its name recently. Inspired, here are my Futile Box Office Predictions:
1. Iron Man 2
2. Letters to Juliet
(It's counterprogramming to Iron Man 2, the standee has been in the theater for months, and you know the girls are going to want to go see this one.)
3. Robin Hood
(Because Russell Crowe still has some draw.)
Lovable Loser of the Week: The Human Centipede, which still isn't in wide release. I want to be creeped out big time!
Loathable Winner of the Week: Letters to Juliet, because this summer looks like one where Hollywood happens to have its period, and thus floods the market with chick flick tentpoles, instead of just the usual negligible chick flicks. Sorry guys, you're getting dragged to this during the weekend.
- Besides a few key releases, Summer 2010 looks like a shitty year for Summer movies.
- Here's this week's MSN Headlines That Make You Want To Cut Yourself: Demi Lovato & 'Grey's' 'Twilight' & baby names
- Twitter Celeb of the Week: @ebertchicago, because if anyone should be leading the charge against the Tea Party, it should be he that put two thumbs into Cancer and beat the living hell out of it.
- Fuck you, Teabaggers. You're doing more harm to this country than anyone else.
- Swagger Wagon = the worst ad campaign since The Fantanas. (And while we're on it, The Fantanas are still looking for one more? Why? Because nobody's given a shit to enter to be the next one, that's why!)
- The Human Swagger Wagonpede...think about that.
- I can't wait for Outdoor Movies to start up again. One of the most fun parts of the summer is seeing a movie for free out in the open air.
And now, to play us into the week, I give you Patton Oswalt's My Weakness is Strong. He is fast becoming one of my favorite comedians, and who better to help bitch our way into things than The Sad Boy.