About Me

My photo
Mike Reyes, aka Mr. Controversy, has considered himself a writer ever since he was a child. He wrote for various school publications from about 1995 until 2006, and currently runs both The Bookish Kind and Mr. Controversy, which is an offshoot of the regular column he wrote in High School. He's also authored several short stories such as "The Devil's Comedian", "The Devil v. George W. Bush", and most recently "Wait Until Tomorrow". He resides in New Jersey. Any inquiries for reprinting, writing services, or general contact, should be forwarded to: michaelreyes72@hotmail.com

The Mr. Controversy Fan Club

Photobucket

Our mascot, "The Owl of Distain"


Become a Facebook Fan
Follow my Tweets

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Tuesday GAAAH! (6/1/10)


Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  It was certainly beautiful enough outside, despite the Bennys invading Jersey's shores once more.  Sorry I forgot to put up a Happy Friday Video last week, since I got out of work early & the extended weekend fever crept in.  So to make up for it, here's a kick assed cover of the Moon music from Ducktales on NES.



Truly awesome, if you ask me.  Now let's get down to business, shall we?

- First, an announcement: The review for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter will be my last book review on Mr. Controversy.  As of that moment, book reviews (and all things literary) will be going on at my new blog: The Bookish Kind.  Head on over for an introduction of sorts, and keep an eye out for further developments.

- Shrek 4 conquered the box office yet again this weekend, and while normally I'd be upset and mutter something about the law of diminishing returns (as well as the death of American cinema), I'm actually quite happy.  The Ogre and the Prince of Persia overthrew the Harpies of America and sent Sex and the City 2 to its still inflated (but sorta rightful) place of Third!  Guess they shouldn't have put a ring on it in the first film & expended every point of closure in one 2.5 hour shitfest.  Here's this weekend's Futile Box Office Predictions:

1. Marmaduke
(Talking Dog + Kei$ha + lowest common denominator = The Kids have already seen Shrek, so they'll drag you to this.)

2. Shrek Forever After
(Where is your puny God now?)

3. Get Him To The Greek
(Because Russell Brand is just racking up money to cover Pre Nup penalty fees with Katy Perry.)

Lovable Loser of the Week: Splice, because thought provoking/fucked up Sci-Fi hasn't been popular since Cronenberg.

Loathable Winner of the Week: Marmaduke, because kids love shit that talks.

- BP, please step away from the Oil Spill.  Back away slowly and wait for someone who knows what they're fucking doing.

- Killers isn't screening for critics in advance of its theatrical release this Friday.  Instead the studio is opting for fan based Facebook/Twitter buzz to give the film an opening weekend boost.  Because that just worked ACES for When in Rome, and didn't make it look like an annoyingly advertised flop. 

- Katherine Heigl is still an unlikable twat in my eyes.  She can go fade into obscurity now.

- Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption have me seriously jonesing to purchase a video game right about now.  Which one should I get first?

- This marks the first week that there will be no 24.  I find myself saddened, and yet happy.

- It's weird logging into Blogger and seeing two blogs instead of one.  It's weird in a good way.

- For the record, I always started Ducktales for the NES on the Moon level.  9 times out of 10, anyway.  Blame my Sci Fi geek parts of me.

- I've tried Almond Milk for the first time this past weekend, and I have to say it tastes pretty good.  A little watery where the creamy notes of regular milk's taste would be, but still plenty good.

And now, to bring us into the week, the awesome new trailer for the "Epic of Epic Epicness", Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  It looks like a milkshake drinker, kids; and I'm sorry to say I ever doubted this film.  I can't wait to see it, and must read the books ASAP!

No comments: